The Staff College
Launched in July 1999, The Staff College designs and organises professional development opportunities and leadership support for those in principal and senior leadership positions in local authority children’s services, children’s trusts, partnerships, alliances and for professionals working in the leadership, management and delivery of services for children, young people and families throughout the UK.
The College is currently working with a number of local authorities and other organisations to support the development of sector-led and system wide approaches to transformative change. These are built around a shared sense of moral purpose and compelling supporting narrative, underpinned by robust governance and accountability.
We are looking to recruit new Board Directors who can:
- Contribute to the establishment of the organisation’s strategic direction and goals and the monitoring of any strategic plans.
- Work with the Board Advisory Group (sector expertise), staff and associates to drive the strategic vision of the organisation.
- Ensure policies and procedures are monitored and updated.
- Ensure that the organisation complies with its governing document, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
- Ensure that the organisation pursues its objectives as defined in its governing document.
- Ensure the organisation uses its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objectives.
- Safeguard the good name and values of the organisation and the quality and impact of the work that it does.
- Scrutinise activities and reports and raise challenges and support development where appropriate. This will include taking particular interest in different aspects of the work of The College to act as sounding board and critical friend on behalf of the Board.
If you would like to find out more, please visit https://search.green-park.co.uk/the-staff-college/welcome/
Or contact Victoria Wakerley - 07881 325 216 or Dawar Hashmi - 07469 440640