Consultant in Public Health
Staffordshire County Council
Salary: Grade G15
This is a new post for Consultant in Public Health and Prevention employed by Staffordshire County Council. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a talented multi-disciplinary team whose work programme includes healthy behaviours, health protection and supportive communities.
The Consultant in Public Health will consult on the public health function for the County Council and be accountable for
- Surveillance of population health
- Development and implementation of multi-agency public health strategies and policies to improve health and well-being
- Commissioning of prevention services
- Protecting the population’s health from communicable diseases and non-communicable environmental hazards
- Support for integration and commissioning of health and care services across the Council and the local NHS
The role will work with and support Elected Members, the Senior Leadership team, public, private and third sector partners, and communities across the county, to harness the whole of Staffordshire’s resources to deliver better health, happiness and prosperity for local residents.
If this opportunity excites you and you can bring energy and enthusiasm as well as a sound public health expertise please apply.
If you are interested in making a real difference, then get in touch with our search partners Ben Parsonage and review our microsite.