Head of ICS Partnerships, Governance & Programmes
NHS South East London ICS - under South East London CCG
The South East London Integrated Care System is a partnership of health and social care organisations with an ambition to deliver a clinically and financially sustainable health and care system for the future. The ICS is taking collective action to improve outcomes and address health inequalities in our population.
Initially, this was through collaborative development of the Our Healthier South East London or OHSEL as a Sustainability and Transformation Plan (2016) and then as a Partnership or STP thereafter. From June 2019 OHSEL was successful in its application to become London’s first ICS and will now develop according to national policy direction for those partnerships going forward.
At all times, we are seeking to pursue our vision by adopting a population health management approach and taking action at different geographical levels – very locally in our neighbourhoods, in each borough, and across south east London. We operate as a ‘System of Systems’, bringing partners together to take action at the optimal scale to effect change
The south east London integrated care system (ICS) brings together all of the organisations involved in the planning and delivery of health and care for the 1.92 million people who live in south east London (SEL), including:
- Local authorities (LAs): Bexley; Bromley; Greenwich; Lambeth; Lewisham; Southwark.
- NHS South East London (SEL) CCG.
- Primary care providers: 212 general practices, organised in 35 Primary Care Networks (PCNs).
- Acute, mental health and community service providers: Guy’s and St. Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust (GSTT); King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (KCH); Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust (LGT); South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM); Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust (Oxleas); Bromley Healthcare CIC.
- Additionally, there are hundreds of voluntary sector and community organisations that currently work in partnership with the organisations listed above to improve the health and wellbeing of our residents.
This new post is critical to both the successful development of the ICS in south east London over time; whilst securing a step change in our strategy and partnership delivery. The role will be employed by NHS South East London CCG.
The Head of ICS Partnerships, Governance & Programmes will work under the direction of the ICS Lead but will also support the ICS Non-Executive Chair, the ICS Leadership and other ICS partner Chief Executives/ Directors as required.
This role will be required to lead key programmes and projects in response to and in support of the implementation of ICS priorities including those set out in the ICS’s response to the NHS Long Term Plan and Recovery Plans. This will require skills, flexibility and confidence to take on a wide range of responsibilities.
In addition to programme delivery the Head of ICS Partnerships, Governance & Programmes will directly support the independent ICS Chair, Lead and Programme Director – ensuring that they are well supported to work efficiently and effectively, developing briefings and pieces of work on their behalf. The postholder will also need to respond to ad hoc requests from the ICS leadership working closely with other ICS partners to produce high quality work rapidly and in a complex and often time pressured environment.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the ICS lead, ICS Chair and ICS Directors in their management of ICS business on a day to day basis; acting as Chief of Staff taking on both administrative and tactical, strategic and delivery roles
- Prepare and/or coordinate briefings for the ICS Chair and Lead on a wide range of topics as required; these briefings will require both independent investigation, political understanding and analysis of complex information
- Develop and maintain relationships with key ICS partners and stakeholders; including senior members from across the partnership
- Take on projects and programmes as required by ICS leadership, working within different workstreams and at the coordination level, able to pick up pieces of work with minimal handover and supervision
- Identify areas of challenge across the ICS and outline proposed resolution, including potentially providing interim direct support for a period of time
- Support the effective delivery of ICS governance, designing the meeting structures, details and reporting requirements of different forums
If this sounds like you, then we would encourage you to visit our microsite at https://search.green-park.co.uk/selccg-ics/ and get in contact with our search partner Ben Parsonage from Green Park on 07979 544 851 or firstname.lastname@example.org